You just quit your job and start a business . You have decided to open a blog to position yourself in the market, but you can’t stop thinking about why you have zero visits to your blog and you can’t generate web traffic.
The first month is fine, it’s normal, but the second, the third… it’s still the same. You enter Google Analytics every few minutes, hoping to get a little surprise when a while or a day goes by, but nothing…
I advise you not to get obsessed with Analytics and focus on what is important; the 4 key factors that you should look at to increase visits, and which I will tell you about in this post.
Once your readers land on your blog, if they like your content and trust your design, they will become loyal visitors to your site and real customers .
If, on the other hand, your website is made in a hurry, with an unattractive design, and is not optimized, those visitors will go where they came from and it will be difficult to retain them.
For this reason, today I want to explain to you a few aspects that you should take into account when getting web traffic to your blog without losing sight of Google, but without getting obsessed!
4 Keys to generate quality web traffic
It is time to ask yourself; What do I do to generate web traffic or increase visits to my blog without knowing how to do SEO in WordPress and other CMS? Is my page ready to attract customers and gain visibility on the web?
You need to gain visibility and make noise so people know you exist, and figure out how to get web traffic once and for all.
If you apply the tips that I give you below, people will start to be curious about what you do and visit your blog, as well as your profiles on social networks.
1# Optimize your site
The first thing you should keep in mind to attract and increase visits is that your blog must be optimized, and I am not just referring to looking for an SEO consultant to help you.
Optimization refers both to the back-end of the web, and to the content itself. The sum of both aspects will be the one that helps you generate web traffic.
For this it is necessary that your website or blog has:
- Responsive design: A blog that cannot be read on tablet and smartphone screens is not likely to get many visits today.
- A high loading speed: Nobody is going to wait 10 seconds or more for your website to load. There are plugins that slow down your site, so it’s up to you to detect and remove them. There is a free plugin called P3 Performance Profiler that will help you find them.
- A beautiful design: You just have to choose a simple, quality template and install it. Forget about fluorescent colors, overloading the design and putting many banners that scare the user.
- Quality content: Give your target audience what they want: what their needs are, what their concerns, aspirations, fears are… And find a way to tell them, with an appropriate tone and style.
2# Don’t forget about Google
It is good to express your inspiring ideas, transmit your experiences and anecdotes in order to empathize with the reader and put yourself in their place.
Using empathy when generating content is one of the main copywriting techniques to reach the reader.
You cannot forget about Google, he will be in charge of positioning your blog and he is the one who will help you generate web traffic. However, you don’t have to always write thinking about what Google wants, as that can affect your writing.
In this sense, there are a few guidelines that you should not forget. Keep reading to know them all:
Google needs author information
Complete the “About me” section with information about your personality, your experience, aspirations in life, etc.
It is also advisable to add an image, a natural photo of yourself that represents you and with which readers can put a face to you.
Write headlines to attract readers
The headlines are the first thing that users will perceive of your blog, make them attractive and make them want to continue reading. The title of each post depends on whether visitors to your blog continue reading or not.
To generate web traffic, you must take into account the main keywords for which you want to position your blog.
It is necessary to know what searches are the most common, and how you can use them in your titles.
In addition to getting more visits to your blog, you will be indicating to Google what your main topics are and what content you are working on.
Analyze the keywords
Keywords are not only necessary in post titles. Search for specific keywords to propose your content strategy.
Find specific keywords. That is, if you sell shoes, it will be difficult to position yourself with that keyword, given the great competition that exists.
If you try to position yourself with “original nike shoes”, you will have a better chance of appearing in the first results of Google and attracting qualified traffic.
The more specific the keywords you use, the easier it will be to achieve a good position that will help you generate web traffic.
Constant updating is something that Google likes, but especially your followers, don’t forget it!
Google loves long content (more than a thousand words) and, above all, quality! It appreciates that you include links, downloadable content, images, etc., but what Google values most is that readers like that content.
Think of them when planning your editorial calendar, be constant and resolve any doubts they may have.
If Google perceives constant and regular web traffic, it will know that your content is of quality.
3# Promote yourself on social networks
Once you are clear about how to generate the content, it is important that you take another step towards promotion. Fantastic articles are useless if there are no readers to reach them.
Design a strategy to promote yourself on social networks. Take advantage of these tools to gain visibility and engage with your audience. Do not waste the opportunity to enhance your personal brand with these tips for the professional management of social networks:
- Share interesting content for your audience: Listen on social networks what they like and what they don’t.
- Design your own infographics and videos: Give them quality and interesting downloadables. They will want to know more about your work and will visit your blog.
- Try Facebook Ads and evaluate the results: A well-targeted campaign to get likes will help you reach your target audience.
- Publish varied posts: Don’t be afraid to use humor and other resources that entertain and not only inform your audience. Build that relationship with empathy and naturalness.
4# Expand your network of contacts
When you start a new experience, such as opening your own blog, you don’t know very well in which circles you should move.
Little by little, you will meet people in your same situation with whom you will be able to collaborate and advance step by step.
The best way to interact with other professionals is to expand your network of contacts by carrying out actions such as:
- Comment on other blogs in the sector: Identify other professionals in the sector, approach them and don’t hesitate to follow their blogs. You will learn new things and you will see how they do it with their content.
- Join LinkedIn and Facebook groups: You will be able to learn and interact with members, expand your contacts and share your content.
- Make guest posts: A good guest post strategy will allow you to share content on other more reputable blogs as a guest author. These types of strategies generate visibility, attract traffic and get quality links to your blog.
- You invite bloggers: Just as it is good that you participate in other blogs, the fact that different bloggers write on your page will help you get and retain new readers. In addition, by sharing the content on their social networks they will help you generate more web traffic.
- Do interviews: Get in touch with professionals in the sector who have something to say. If no one wants to write on your blog because you’re just starting out and you don’t have authority on Google, maybe you’ll be more successful with interviews.
Starting a blog from scratch is always difficult. There are many things to consider, such as the objectives, the content to be published, the design, the dissemination strategy, etc.
However, what is usually scarier is everything related to getting web traffic.
Google is the one who sets the guidelines in terms of positioning, and we must always keep in mind what its requirements are, but we must never forget that it is for our target audience that we work the blog.
With good quality and attractive content, and a good diffusion in social networks, you will be able to generate web traffic in a short time. In addition, contacts and collaborations with other bloggers will open many doors for you.