In these times, video conferences have been implemented as an effective tool to communicate both personally and professionally. Although it is true that there are still many who do not get used to it, since using the appropriate technology is a bit difficult for them.
Do you usually work from home or in an office? Regardless of where you work, video conferencing tools have become an opportunity to facilitate the management of the company in the cloud.
Starting a virtual conversation to approach positions with clients and partners, or dialogue with your work team, is and will become a daily task.
If you are still getting used to these virtual meetings, let us tell you that there are some recommendations to achieve effective communication and, thus, make your video conferences a success (even if you have children climbing on top of you or your cat demanding your attention).
Tips and tools for effective videoconferences
So that your meetings are productive and there is effective communication, in addition to our tips for working from home , we recommend that you follow these recommendations before and during your videoconferences:
Recommendations before the videoconference :
➽ Choose the right scenario
Choosing the right place is important to convey seriousness and sharpness to the scene. On the one hand, it is convenient to choose an empty wall or, if you prefer, you can show a diploma or title, you can also shuffle it.
On the other hand, study the natural light that enters and avoid windows from where too much light enters because it will look dark on you.
In case you have to use artificial light, it is better that the bulbs are white or fluorescent to avoid shadows.
➽ Pre-test your camera and audio
Verify that your camera captures a quality image. To do this, avoid putting the device against the light, otherwise the rest of the participants will not be able to distinguish your body expression well.
In addition to the camera, the audio is also important. Therefore, we advise you to try it before starting the videoconference.
oh! And for better quality audio, and for participants to hear you clearly and without noise, opt for a headset with a built-in mic.
➽ Make sure there is internet connection
Finally, and although it seems obvious, something that many do not check is the correct Internet connection. Obviously, without Internet or with network failures, the videoconference will be cut off and will not be effective.
Recommendations during the videoconference :
➽ Maintain eye contact with the interlocutor
Before selecting your tool for video conferencing, it is important that you take into account these two things:
- When you are going to speak, look at the camera.
- When you listen, look at the screen.
➽ Avoid multitasking
Just like in a face-to-face meeting, you are in a room paying attention to what is happening there, the same dynamic, serious and professional, must be followed in a virtual meeting.
Also, when someone is in a video conference and the rest hear a click, the sound of leaves or WhatsApp is very annoying and distracting.
➽ Watch your tone and language
Even if someone does not have the floor at a certain moment, it does not mean that they should not maintain a correct posture.
Remember that body expression sometimes expresses much more than words. So be careful, behave yourself and show interest in what the rest discuss.
➽ Be precise
On the other hand, language is also important. Also, keep in mind that meetings that last two or three hours are not productive and end up burning out the participants.
Use clear and concise messages to directly express the relevant topic being discussed.
Therefore, if you are the one who has organized it, establish some limits and follow some guidelines to express everything you need in a time that you previously establish.
The best tools for video conferencing
Using the right technology to hold remote meetings is key to running the meeting efficiently. But with so many video conferencing tools available, which one to choose?
Top video conferencing tools:
- Livewebinar : One of the most advanced software for streaming video, rooms for telemeetings and webinars, recording features and many other great benefits that you can discover by accessing its online site.
- Hangouts : You only need a Gmail account to make free video conferences. For calls, up to 25 people can join and for chatting up to 150 participants.
- Skype : Very similar to the previous one, since up to 25 people can connect to the video call for free. If you are going to call someone who does not have a Skype account, you will have to pay.
- Zoom : It offers more advanced functions than the previous ones, since it allows up to a thousand participants with payment plans, share your screen and schedule the videoconference, among others. You have a free trial when you sign up.
- GoToMeeting : Its beginner version has room for 10 participants, while other plans can connect up to 150 and 250 users, depending on the plan you choose. The great advantage of this is that you can record the conferences.
- Jitsi : It is an open source program, very intuitive to use. And it highlights the option of simultaneous screen view to display your presentations. It also has a chat on the side to share files or send messages quickly.
Virtual meetings should not be differentiated in terms of professionalism and relevance to a company or business. Therefore, work must be done so that communication is effective and the meeting is productive for all participants.
In this post we have seen some recommendations for before and during, as well as the list of top tools for videoconferencing that will help you adapt your work or professional activity to the digital medium.